Friday, February 19, 2016

Review: How to purchase items from LAZADA

I have heard of people ordering items from Lazada, and it did make me curious as to how I can inquire about their online products and services. It was a risk I have to take, to try to order an item for the very first time.

For those of you who don't know what Lazada is, it is an online website that sells almost everything. It sells phones, laptops, furniture, clothes and almost anything you can think of, much like ebay or amazon. I was hesitant at first, but I just need to see if it really did work.

I downloaded the Lazada app on google play on my phone and started browsing the items. For those who don't have the app, you can directly go to lazada.com.ph to start browsing. Of course you need to create an account, or you can use your facebook or google+.

How to purchase from Lazada
Lazada website

Of course, I created my own account using my email. And after that I went through the watch section since I needed one at that time. I was eager to try to purchase one of their items online. I also noticed that some of the items are already discounted, and I was lucky that I found a watch that has a 70% discount.  I then made up my mind and decided to purchase it. It was a bluetooth chinese "smartwatch" and the reviews on the items as per customers who already purchased it was good.

Lazada online payments where COD (cash on delivery) and CC purchases. I have heard of negative feedback from using credit cards on lazada before. This happened if you need to return the item and the refunds can take so long, so I then chose to stay away from that payment mode. I clicked on COD instead. I ordered the Item January 30.

It was then that I received my first email from Lazada about my purchase of the watch. It had the usual details that I entered and it also has the shipping and tracking number. Of course if you want to track the delivery then you need to go to the LBC website to check. I then took note of the delivery date which was on the 1st-3rd of February because my payment mode (cash on delivery)  requires that I'm home during the time of delivery.

Email for the shipping of an item from lazada
Email from Lazada
Several Emails came after that and I then received a call one day. The person told me that the item has already arrived in an LBC outlet near my area and would be delivered that afternoon at around 3pm. I was surprised on how fast the item arrived since it was only Feb 1.

I then readied the items needed to collect my item.

  • The money needed to pay the exact price + P99 for the shipping
  • xerox 2 valid ID's
If you inform the courier that somebody else will be the one getting the package, then you will need more documents.

  • The money needed to pay the exact price + P99 for the shipping
  • xerox 2 valid ID's of the person who shipped
  • a copy of the email
  • a written authorization letter
I waited around 3pm but to my dismay it didn't arrive. I then received another call from LBC saying that the delivery guy got lost and needs to be guided. I told them that I'll just wait on the roadside.

After 10 minutes, a guy with an LBC uniform riding a motorcycle stopped and handed me the package. Of course I needed to sign the papers. I then gave the money and the xerox of my ID's.

I was happy about how fast the items are shipped and delivered. I don't blame the delivery guy for being late since it was not intentional. I opened the package and saw that my order was properly sealed without any tampering on it. I also checked the items to see if it was really what I want and nothing was lacking.

Overall, I did enjoy my first experience on purchasing from lazada. I would love to do it again sometime. Email's and tracking was easy since there were updates from time to time. And there was the call informing that the package has arrived and also the time of delivery to my house was mentioned. 

Just stay away from CC purchases, since refunds are really hard to process as per other reviews. The good thing for cash on delivery is that when the item is already shipped and you decided not to continue, you just need to call their customer service and they will just inform you to refuse the package.

There were also the discounts. From time to time, the website offers good discounts for products. Just check every now and then since there were discounts that would reach as much as 70%.





No comments:

Post a Comment